What is the capacity of the Sheridan Opera House Theater?
For seated shows, conferences, and meetings, the theater accommodates 238, however the seats can be removed for concerts, art shows, auctions and more interactive events, creating a capacity of 265 ( including 74 seats in the balcony). For a main floor seated dinner capacity is 108 with an additional 74 seats in the balcony. The balcony seats are not removable.
What is the capacity and cost of the Gallery Room?
The Gallery Room (ground level, below the theater) accommodates 140 for a reception or 64 for a seated dinner. The room is 1400 square feet and 31 by 32 feet with four pillars in the middle. A $200 refundable security deposit is required along with the rental rate of $250 for half day (5 or under hours) and $350 for a full day (5+ hours). The Gallery bar is available for any Gallery Room event.
What is the cost to rent the Sheridan Opera House?
Nonrefundable rental deposit of $500 required upon confirmation of date for the theater. The cost of the rental is $2,000/day; discounts are available for off-season rentals (Apr-May, Oct-Nov). The rental fee and the security deposit are all payable 30 days prior to the event start date. A Building Manager fee is required for all events at charge of $125.
What other services and equipment are available?
- The Sheridan Opera House can set up or tear down at a charge of $200.
- Technical services are available for $35/hour; an SOH Sound Technician is required for use of any SOH equipment.
- A Digital Movie Projector with screen is available for rent for $100.00.
- Use of the Theater sound system is included in the rental fee.
- Backline equipment is available for rent.
- Rental includes use of 5 banquet tables, 8 cocktail rounds, and 20 chairs.
- New wooden folding chairs are available for rent at $2.00 per chair (100 chairs)
- The Sheridan Opera House staff can plan weddings and events at an hourly rate.
- The Sheridan Opera House can book musical entertainment at a rate of 10% of the artist’s booking fee.
What is the schedule involved for Sheridan Opera House rentals?
Rentals are from 9 a.m.-12 a.m. from Sunday to Thursday, or from 9 a.m. – 2 a.m. on Friday and Saturday. Extra rental days must be negotiated in advance.
How does catering work for a Sheridan Opera House event?
While there is not a kitchen on the premises of the Sheridan Opera House, outside catering is permitted. Catering space is limited, so some caterers use the Gallery Room to set up and serve. The Opera House Staff has a list of recommended caterers who are familiar with service in the Sheridan Opera House.
What is the alcohol policy in the Sheridan Opera House?
No renters may bring alcohol inside the building; alcohol must be pre-arranged with Vaudeville Bar Manager Travis Julia, 970-708-4767 or 970-369-0034. SOH Head Security and Night Manager are required upon use of alcohol.
What are the renters’ responsibilities?
Rental delivery, pick up/storage must be coordinated prior to event. Decorations are permitted, however flowers and candles must have with glass coverings. Renters must remove all their personal items by the close of event and restore the building back to original condition at time of rental.